after 10 fabulous years of being the editor in chief of French Vogue, CARINE ROITFELD is saying good bye to her throne as editrix and waving hello to something...new.

"It's 10 years that I'm editor of the magazine," Ms. Roitfeld, one of the most influential editors in the fashion business, said in a telephone interview with journalist Cathy Horyn. "I think it's time to do something different."

French Vogue would not have been the same without her. Roitfeld's first cover (as EIC, in which she also styled), was of Kate Moss, shot even then by Mario Testino, for the February 2001 issue. while flipping through the editorial spread, Noir & Blanc, i couldn't help but notice how ahead of her time the styling was. so minimalist and modern, this easily could have been a February 2010 shoot. this just goes to show how talented Carine really is.

"I had so much freedom to do everything I wanted. I think I did a good job." But she added, "When everything is good, maybe I think it's the time to do something else."

Leaving while still on top, and with such style, Carine will be with the magazine until January 2011 (and in magazine time, that means she'll be overseeing up until the March issue).

Whatever she decides to do, I don't doubt it'll be innovative, inspiring, and unexpected -- much like her and her style.

adieu, chérie!




via nytimes & fabsugar